Technical Documentation Writer
Do you love tech? Do you love writing? We're looking for someone to help us write amazing and comprehensive documentation.
About this role
Full Time, Remote
£30,000 to £35,000
We're looking for someone who loves tech and loves writing to join us to help us write amazing documentation to help our customers. If you'll enjoy playing with new technologies, gaining a deep understanding of them and then writing it all up, this is the role for you.
The role includes:
Writing friendly, detailed and comprehensive core documentation for all our products and services including those developed in-house (Katapult, Koru etc…) and those we use (cPanel, WHMCS, etc…)
Writing blog posts for our websites including tutorials, guides and details about newly launched features.
Working with our development teams to ensure that new features are documented as soon as they are launched.
Have a complete understanding of all our products and services and be up to date with all new developments.
Curating useful resources which can be shared with the marketing department for sharing on social media.
- A very good level of spoken and written English
- A demonstrable ability and desire to learn new technologies and develop new skills which can be shared with the community.
- An ability to craft well-written and easy to understand technical documentation.
- Knowledge of the web hosting and/or cloud computing industry
- A desire to learn new skills and technologies
- Excellent attention to detail
Highly desirable experience
- Knowledge of open source technologies
- Experience working with Linux servers and software
- Experience working with existing Krystal products like Katapult, Onyx or DeployHQ.
About The Requirements
Excited about the role but not sure you meet every requirement? If you think you have other qualities that would be of value please mention them in your application and apply. We consider the whole picture and value everything you can bring to the role.
Work with passionate colleagues
Room for learning and self development
Training courses through Udemy and other providers
Exciting career opportunities
Responsibility - we trust our staff
Regular company events
Generous company pension scheme
31 days’ starting holiday
One bonus holiday on your birthday
Extra holiday days at 1, 3, 5, 7 & 10 yrs
Holiday buy-back scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
Private medical insurance for staff once they pass probation
Salary sacrifice electric vehicle lease scheme for staff once they pass probation
Lifetime carbon offset - not just from when you started!
Free Krystal services!