Join our fantastic system administration team, building and maintaining our backend infrastructure.
About this role
Full Time, Remote
£35,000 to £55,000
We are looking for two experienced system administrators to join our friendly team of highly skilled staff. This role is fully remote, though with occasional opportunities for hands-on time at our datacentres around the London area. We use Slack and TeamSpeak to keep in touch with each other throughout the day, so although the role is remote you’re always connected with colleagues.
While this is advertised as a full-time position, we welcome applications with part-time availability, please state this in your cover notes below if applicable.
The role will involve joining our expanding systems administration team which designs and manages the infrastructure running our cPanel-based hosting services, our in-house Onyx Wordpress platform, our Katapult virtualisation platform as well as our various SaaS products and services. We will, of course, provide on the job training and there’s scope for additional training via courses to develop your career.
- Experience with cPanel & WHM in Cloudlinux environment
- Experience with LAMP and a good understanding of general webserver and database technologies
- Experience with Linux-based security technologies including iptables and mod_security
- Familiarity with Linux-based virtualization/containerization technologies and concepts including KVM and Docker
- Familiarity with server hardware and RAID setup/configuration
- Familiarity with Bash and/or Python scripting
- Understanding of basic network switching
- Availability to join an on-call rota
Highly desirable experience
- Working knowledge of BGP/OSPF and general network routing
- Familiarity with one or both of Junos and Cumulus Linux
About The Requirements
Excited about the role but not sure you meet every requirement? If you think you have other qualities that would be of value please mention them in your application and apply. We consider the whole picture and value everything you can bring to the role.
Work with passionate colleagues
Room for learning and self development
Training courses through Udemy and other providers
Exciting career opportunities
Responsibility - we trust our staff
Regular company events
Generous company pension scheme
31 days’ starting holiday
One bonus holiday on your birthday
Extra holiday days at 1, 3, 5, 7 & 10 yrs
Holiday buy-back scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
Private medical insurance for staff once they pass probation
Salary sacrifice electric vehicle lease scheme for staff once they pass probation
Lifetime carbon offset - not just from when you started!
Free Krystal services!